Monday, November 9, 2009

Ambitious Week

One of the more rewarding things I do as a stay at home mom is to plan the week's meals ahead of time, and then actually follow through with the plan. For various reasons (cravings for other things, laziness, and/or "I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids") this goal is not always met. I had a great idea that if I blog about my meal plan, and then have to report on whether it actually happens, I might have more success. So this morning, I will fill you in on the plan for the next four nightly meals (nothing planned for Friday), and then will report on whether those meals are actually made. They are mostly designed for Tom and I, but the kids will eat some component of them. So here are the four meals:
Monday: Pasta e Fagioli soup and french bread with green salad
Tuesday: Pad Thai with ground pork and chicken potstickers
Wednesday: Balsamic-Lemon Chicken Thighs and roasted brocolli
Thursday: Tacos de Carnitas with rice and beans

So here goes! More to follow...



1 comment:

  1. So do you cook for two or do you follow the recipe and then just have left overs for lunch? Do the kids eat something different? do you find yourself making too many things for dinner? That's what I get bogged down with...trying to think of something we will like and Molly will eat yet not trying to make 10 things for dinner. That's when I usually give up and have mac and cheese for all!!!

    ReplyDelete